Joseph R. Purita, M.D.
Arthroscopic & orthopaedic surgery, regenerative medicine
Dr. Joseph Purita, a pioneer in the use of the laser in orthopaedic surgery, graduated from Georgetown University Medical School and served his surgical internship at the University of Florida Medical Center. Following completion of a residency in orthopaedic surgery at University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he served as chief administrative resident, Dr. Purita joined the Boca Raton Orthopaedic Group in 1981.
Dr. Purita is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Palm Beach Medical Society
- Broward County Medical Society
- Palm Beach Orthopaedic Society
- Florida Medical Association
Dr. Purita is Board Certified by the following organizations:
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Pain Management
- American Board of Age Management Medicine
Dr. Purita is an instructor and proctor of surgeons in the use of lasers in arthroscopic and orthopaedic surgery at a variety of area hospitals. Dr. Purita is one of the few orthopaedic surgeons in the county using platelet rich plasma to treat a variety of orthopaedic conditions.